- Intro Brochure from the CDC on living with HIV, basic Info on HIV/AIDS
- Brochures on HIV/AIDS from the CDC
- Virus images including detailed HIV and its life cycle (also flu, ebola, anthrax, and humorous imitation illustrating computer virus and its life cycle.
Justin’s HIV Journal
- Greater than AIDS
- My fabulous disease:
- Clinical Trials Information from ACTIS (1-800-TRIAL-AIDS)
- Pharmaceutical-company and Educational-Run Clinical Trials
- NIH’s Clinical Studies – Type in AIDS and search
- Depression and HIV (links)
- Job Accommodation Network, free consulting on accommodations employers must make under the A.D.A.
- A service to reduce your medical bills (they keep one-third of what they can save you)
- Help for Caregivers
- AIDS Conference Reports maintained by NATAP (National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project)
- Opportunistic Infections, a good introduction with symptoms and avoidance techniques
- The International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (IAPAC)
- Search engine for HIV
- Teen Help Assistance for Teens in the Washington DC area and introductory lectures for groups; information on HIV/AIDS valid anywhere
- Women Alive (for women with HIV)
- Yoga for HIV/AIDS
- Healing HIV: How to Rebuild Your Immune System (November 1998), purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- Healthline’s “What you need to know”, Healthline.com Information Center
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Information and answers for people fighting addiction https://www.drugrehab.com/
- Helping You Find An Inpatient Drug Rehab https://www.addictioncenter.com/
- The Alcohol Awareness Council is dedicated to informing the public about the use and abuse of alcohol http://www.alcohol.org/
- HIV & Aids Medical Marijuana Research Overview http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/hiv-aids-medical-marijuana-research/
- Addiction Center – Washington DC https://www.addictioncenter.com/rehabs/washington-dc/
- The Rehab Center http://www.rehabcenter.net/
- Addiction Helper https://www.addictionhelper.com (UK)
- The Recovery Village https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/resources/lgbtq/
- History of HIV/AIDS, covering 1981-1997 (from Britain)
- Finding Assistance under the A.D.A. (the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- HIV Law: A survival Guide to the Legal System for People Living with HIV (April 1997), and other such books, purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- Contact your representatives in Congress (both houses) including voting records this session (under Scorecards)
- Social Security Disability, US Government Benefits for People Living With HIV/AIDS
- HIV is a Disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.)
- The Rights of People Who Are HIV Positive (Dec. 1996) from the ACLU, and other such books, purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- AIDS CLINICAL CARE
- Adherence: Sticking to your doctor’s orders, especially taking pills consistently and on time. (One missed dose of antiviral medication gives you a 15% chance of developing resistance to that drug.)
- The Merck Manual, 17th ed., 1999. See Section 13 on Infectious Diseases, and within it Chapter 154 on Antiviral Drugs and Chapter 163 on Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
- Chinese medicine & HIV
- Side effects and HIV
- More on Lipodystrophy and Wasting.
- HIV-1 Encephalopathy and AIDS Dementia Complex
- AIDS Drug Database from ACTIS
- ADAP (The AIDS Drug Assistance Program) for each state and U.S. possessions
- ADAP drugs covered in each state and in DC
- ADAP eligibility in each state and in DC (some depend on a multiple of the Federal Poverty Level or other restrictions)
- Drug Manufacturers’ Assistance Programs for the Needy
- Complementary, Alternative and Holistic Therapies (from The Body)
- Alternative Medicine Therapy Resources
- HIV Drug Book, 2nd edition, from Project Inform, (April 1998), highly recommended, purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- Medibolics – includes anabolic steroids for wasting and other experimental & non-traditional medicine
- Medical marijuana (from The Body)
- AIDS Meds (from AIDSmeds.com) “complete lessons info & lessons on treating HIV & AIDS”; includes an excellent page for drug interactions among YOUR medications, and an excellent alphabetized list of AIDS meds with details on each.
- More on Side effects, a series of interviews with HIV doctors on HIV Side Effects and dealing with them
- Recreational Drug Interactions with HIV: what getting high does to the HIV+
- See also What’s New, daily AIDS and HIV news at The Body.
- National National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project (a.k.a. NATAP), news of new HIV drugs and treatments and of HIV conferences.
- POZ Magazine online (even many back issues, with a search engine) and free subscriptions available to the HIV+
- Nutrition and HIV (the hardcover, cheaper than the paperback) by Mary Romeyn, M.D.
- Eating Positive: A Nutrition Guide and Recipe Book for People With Hiv/AIDS (March 1998), purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- Cooking for Life: A Guide to Nutrition and Food Safety for the Hiv-Positive Community (January 1997), paperback, purchasable at a discount online from Amazon.com
- The Body’s Forum on Wasting, Diet, Nutrition and Exercise – run by three prominent experts
- Claimed usefulness of dietary supplements and their interactions spelled out at buyers’ club
- Queer Resources Directory
- HIV/AIDS Resources for Children and Teens
- AIDS-HIV Resource Center at HealingWell.com
- AIDS.org, a compendium of HIV/AIDS links.
- P.L. Active, a rich source of additional links
- HIV InSite, a rich source from Univ. of CA, SF
- HIV Dating Online, FREE nationwide personals for those with HIV, divided up by state and/or paired gender-seeking and gender-sought
- National Directory of Lesbian & Gay Community Centers
- The web part of the HIV Stops with Me campaign. Poz guys discuss their experiences, their attitudes, philosophies, and recommendations.
- HIV+ Chats on the web at About.com, on gay.com.
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation, a good source of resources
- Positive Resource Center , based in San Franscisco
- AIDS Treatment News from Great Britain, with archive